23 Things I Learned at 23
Before I turned 23, I took some time to reflect and write down 23 things that I've learned at this age, mostly things that I have learned about myself. Overall, there have been a lot of ups and downs, good times, and bad times and many more than 23 lessons learned, but for now I will share the top 23 that stood out the most to me.
Here they are:
- Getting denied from colleges, professional schools, or graduate schools do not define your worth.
- I still have a lot of work to do controlling my impulse emotions.
- Faith is a skill that must continuously be worked on, in order to remain strong.
- Patience is one of my weakest fruit of the spirit.
- Graduate school requires a lot of undivided attention.
- I don’t diminish my personality when I’m in predominantly white spaces.
- I enjoy alone time and having my own space.
- I am better at expressing myself when I write out what I am trying to say.
- Everything that I express in writing doesn’t have to be published to the public.
- I will get nervous about every important piece of art I express to the world if it really means something to me.
- I am sometimes a better friend than I force myself to receive from other people.
- I withhold and suppress negative past experiences when I think there is no change or proper acceptance that can be done.
- I don’t have to wear heels everyday or makeup to exude my “Barbie vibe”.
- Running a business is a lot of hard work.
- Starting over in a new city can teach you a lot about yourself.
- It’s fun to document fun times but unforgettable moments don’t have to be recorded.
- The internet only determines your self value if you allow it to/ you can choose what value you see in social media.
- My life’s purpose is to inspire, encourage and empower other women.
- I will have to work hard for any and everything that I receive.
- It is not my job to make other people like me or not dislike me, it is my job to be authentic to myself.
- Making a conscious effort to include God in my everyday life is more difficult than it seems during good and bad times.
- I don’t give myself enough time to rest in between dreaming, reaching goals, working hard, and having fun.
- My self confidence can be extremely intimidating to people around me and at times it can make others feel insecure, I must be careful about who I allow in my personal space because insecurity can breed jealousy, hatred and other negative impacts on my life.
Those are my top 23 lessons that I've learned about myself these past 23 years.
Additionally, I explain each of these in further details in my YouTube video which is already uploaded! Check it out here:
I can't wait to see what God has in store for me this next year of life!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!
Love & Light,